So if you follow me on Instagram, I have pretty much assumed the title of "the Queen of the Smoothie." And while I do switch up my recipes occasionally, my base recipe stays the same. I've been receiving a lot of questions about how to make a good smoothie (because surprisingly, the key to a thick, delicious smoothie is not as simple as throwing every thing into a blender). You need your ingredients to be at the right temperature (read: cold) and a few key ingredients to make it all taste good. So here by popular demand, my go-to smoothie recipe:
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana (very important for creaminess and to cover up the flavor of the spinach because while we love your nutrition benefits spinach, we don't love you flavor raw)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwaganda
- 1 teaspoon chlorella
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (Vital Proteins is my preferred brand)
- 1 tablespoon peanut powder
- Blend it all together until smooth!
- Pour into your favorite cup or bowl, top with granola, fruit, and/or your favorite nut butter and enjoy!
I hope this recipe will help to step up your smoothie game :)